Volunteers Positions Available for 2016!
Come join the Mediation Team in the Mountains of WNC.
Volunteers are the life of MMS! Volunteers do great work and assist with everything from mediation to bullying prevention trainings for local youth. They also assist with bookkeeping, committee work, fundraising, office assistance and any number of tasks. We’re looking for that special person who loves to help others feel appreciated for the wonderful work they do!
Social Media Volunteer:
We are in the process of updating our website and developing social media venues to keep the public informed of what’s happening at MMS. We’re looking for a couple of volunteers to assist with creating a Facebook page and assisting with upkeep. Help us keep modernizing our outreach at MMS! If you are interested or know the perfect person for this job, please get in touch!
Speakers’ Bureau Participants:
One of our talented volunteers is organizing MMS’ Speakers Bureau. We need special volunteers who want to be trained in a consistent presentation to talk to Rotary Clubs, Civic clubs, Church Groups, and others to keep our services in the public eye in each community.
- School Trainers for bullying prevention, peer mediation and conflict resolution
- Jackson and Macon Assistants for District Court Intake
- Serving on our Committees (see below.)
Committee Opportunities! The MMS Board is actively seeking members to join the following committees:
- Publicity & Marketing-Helping our communities understand our services
- Development & Fundraising-Planning revenue streams and fund raising strategies to help provide affordable conflict resolution services in our communities
- Programs-Improving our services and exploring new avenues of programming aligned with our mission
- Finance-Provides oversight and ideas for sound bookkeeping and financial practices
- Board Development-Identifies board recruitment strategies and works with the board to find the right people to represent MMS in our local communities
- Please let a staff member know if you would like to participate in a committee and the committee choir will contact you with additional information.
MMS WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS.
THEY HELP MAKE ALL THIS POSSIBLE!